Towards intelligent steel
News about the project "TECHNICAL FEASIBILITY STUDY OF THE APPLICATION OF VANZED SENSORIC IN STEEL PRODUCTS FOR MONITORING THE BEHAVIOR DURING THEIR IN-SERVICE LIFE - SENSACERO"
The project, a feasibility study of the application of sensorics in steel products, has the participation of 5 partners:
- La AEI Polo del Acero, which coordinates the project and supports innovation in the production and transformation of steel
- Hiasa, a company belonging to Gonvarri, focused on the transformation of flat steel products, which works on the production and transformation of flat steel products, which will work on the definition of the case study for photovoltaic structures.
- Asturfeito, a company specialized in engineering, manufacturing, assembly and start-up of capital goods, which will focus its activity on the case study defined for the offshore sector.
- Talleres Alegría, a company specializing in the manufacture of components for the railway sector, will study the incorporation of elements that allow the monitoring of track devices.
- Fundación Idonial, which will contribute its knowledge of materials and Industry 4.0 through its Structural Mechanics, Surface Integrity and Corrosion and Digital Industry departments.
The aim of the project is to take the first steps towards the industrial application of technologies that can offer added value to its products, made of steel, in different sectors, such as solar energy, offshore environments or railway infrastructures.
The project will address the casuistry of each case study presented by the companies involved in the project, analyzing the feasibility of incorporating sensors in their products, prioritizing the technologies with the greatest potential and taking into account the challenges present in the acquisition, transmission and processing of data, in order to effectively monitor them during their service life, and to develop products with high added value.
The project, which has already had a telematic kick-off meeting, was also presented during the conference organized by the AEI Polo del Acero on Friday, November 6. The event, which was attended by companies with a metal-mechanical profile and the regional administration, highlighted the value of collaboration between entities and their alignment with the regional specialization strategies, RIS3, representing an opportunity to address the challenges of the sector, such as digitization.
Project launch meeting, in online format.
Dossier: AEI-010600-2020-160Call 2020 of the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Tourism for "Aid to support the operation of management structures and promote the implementation of specific projects of Innovative Business Clusters (AEI). "