Project "TECHNICAL FEASIBILITY STUDY OF THE APPLICATION OF ADVANCED SENSORIC IN STEEL PRODUCTS FOR MONITORING THE BEHAVIOR DURING THEIR IN-SERVICE LIFE - SENSACERO"
The SENSACERO project is a feasibility study of the application of sensorics in steel products, and has the participation of 5 partners:
- La AEI Polo del Acero, which coordinates the project and supports innovation in steel production and transformation.
- Hiasa, a company belonging to Gonvarri, focused on the transformation of flat steel products, which will work on the definition of the case study for photovoltaic structures.
- Asturfeito, a company specialized in engineering, manufacturing, assembly and commissioning of capital goods, which will focus its activity on the case study defined for the marine sector.
- Talleres Alegría, a company specialized in the manufacture of components for the railway sector, which will study the incorporation of elements that enable monitoring in track devices.
- Fundación Idonial, which will contribute its knowledge in materials and industry 4.0 through its departments of Structural Mechanics, Surface Integrity and Corrosion and Digital Industry.
The aim of the project is to take the first steps towards the industrial application of technologies that allow to offer an added value to its products, manufactured with steel, in different sectors. The project addresses the casuistry of each case study presented by the companies involved in the project, analyzing the feasibility of incorporating sensors in their products, prioritizing the technologies with the greatest potential and taking into account the challenges present in the acquisition, sending and processing of data, in order to effectively monitor them during their service life, and to develop products with high added value.
Conceptual scheme of the project
Call 2020 of the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Tourism for "Aid to support the operation of management structures and promote the implementation of specific projects of Innovative Business Groupings (AEI). "